This category will reward the best comedy one-off special or series of whatever duration that is deemed to be the outstanding original production in the genre. This category covers a wide range of comedy including sitcoms, stand-up, comedy dramas and sketch shows. Panel shows should NOT be submitted, and are instead eligible for best entertainment show.
Qualifying period: all entries must be have been made by a UK producer. Their first transmission must have been between 17 September 2018 and 13 September 2019 on a UK-based broadcaster, or on a global broadcaster or streaming service where the UK TX was simultaneous with the global launch.
As part of your entry, you are required to upload one episode of the programme and three jpeg high res (300dpi) images/stills that represent your entry. These may be used in Broadcast Magazine if you are shortlisted.
- Date of First Transmission
- Channel first broadcast on:
- Production Company
- Budget per episode – The judges request that budgets are provided and may choose to mark down entries that do not provide that information
- Details of originality and development (300 words)
- Details of execution of production(300 words)
- How it met audience/broadcaster/commercial requirements (300 words)
- Details of performance, writing and characters (300 words)