The award will go to the best original commission in daytime on any channel. Repeats and acquisitions are excluded. The judges will be looking for the daytime programme that really stood out in the schedule for its originality, ambition and quality. Factors taken into account will include ratings, audience and critical reaction and format or programme sales,. This award is cross-genre and open to all programmes broadcast first run between 6am-6pm on all UK channels, including the weekend excluding news programming
Qualifying period: all entries must be have been made by a UK producer. Their first transmission must have been between 17 September 2018 and 13 September 2019 on a UK-based broadcaster, or on a global broadcaster or streaming service where the UK TX was simultaneous with the global launch.
As part of your entry, you are required to upload one episode of the programme and three jpeg high res (300dpi) images/stills that represent your entry. These may be used in Broadcast Magazine if you are shortlisted.
- Date of First Transmission
- Channel first broadcast on:
- Production Company
- Average viewing figures
- Peak viewing figures
- Budget per episode – The judges request that budgets are provided and may choose to mark down entries that do not provide that information – please write Not Disclosed if do not wish to provide this information.
- Details of originality and development (300 words)
- What were the stand out moments and creative highlights during the production process (300 words)
- How it met audience/broadcaster/commercial requirements (300 words)