The judges will be looking for the outstanding single documentary broadcast on terrestrial, cable, or satellite TV in the UK for the first time during the qualifying period. Entries can be part of a strand but will be judged as a single programme. Anything over one episode/part should be entered in to Best Documentary Series. Judges will be looking for an outstanding, talked-about piece of work that has really made its mark in the schedule. It should reveal new insights or uncover new evidence and/or successfully taken risks with access, subject matter, filming style or structure.
Qualifying period: all entries must be have been made by a UK producer. Their first transmission must have been between 17 September 2018 and 13 September 2019 on a UK-based broadcaster, or on a global broadcaster or streaming service where the UK TX was simultaneous with the global launch.
As part of your entry, you are required to upload one episode of the programme and three jpeg high res (300dpi) images/stills that represent your entry. These may be used in Broadcast Magazine if you are shortlisted.
- Date of First Transmission
- Channel first broadcast on:
- Production Company
- Average viewing figures
- Peak viewing figures
- Budget per episode – The judges request that budgets are provided and may choose to mark down entries that do not provide that information – please write Not Disclosed if do not wish to provide this information.
- Details of originality and development (300 words)
- What were the stand out moments and creative highlights during the production process (300 words)
- How it met audience/broadcaster/commercial requirements (300 words)