This award will go to an individual news programme or investigation, coverage of a specific news event or current affairs films. That includes daily news bulletins, weekly news shows, live breaking news reports and topical, news-led documentaries broadcast during the qualifying period. Judges will be looking for evidence of outstanding journalism, fresh insights or perspective, and exclusive coverage
Qualifying period: all entries must be have been made by a UK producer. Their first transmission must have been between 17 September 2018 and 13 September 2019 on a UK-based broadcaster, or on a global broadcaster or streaming service where the UK TX was simultaneous with the global launch.
As part of your entry, you are required to upload one episode of the programme and three jpeg high res (300dpi) images/stills that represent your entry. These may be used in Broadcast Magazine if you are shortlisted.
- Date of First Transmission
- Channel first broadcast on:
- Production Company
- Average viewing figures
- Peak viewing figures
- Budget per episode – The judges request that budgets are provided and may choose to mark down entries that do not provide that information – please write Not Disclosed if do not wish to provide this information.
- Details of why the journalism stands out (300 words)
- Details of impact of the story for broadcaster (300 words)
- Details of follow ups (300 words)