This category covers all sports related programming [except documentaries], from live and highlights coverage of sporting events to sports-themed programming such as magazines and discussion shows. The award will go to the one-off, special event or series judged to be the outstanding work broadcast in the UK during the qualifying period and will be judged on presenting and commentary excellence, production techniques and innovation and any multi-platform support.
Qualifying period: all entries must be have been made by a UK producer. Their first transmission must have been between 17 September 2018 and 13 September 2019 on a UK-based broadcaster, or on a global broadcaster or streaming service where the UK TX was simultaneous with the global launch.
Please submit up to 45 mins of programming (this may be a package put together specifically for this entry) that demonstrates the best of the original content created for the coverage. This may include introductions/links/punditry/interviews etc but SHOULD NOT INCLUDE coverage of the sporting action, if this came from a global feed. If the coverage of the sporting action was produced by the entering company, it may be included. Videos can be highlights of programme series or one off.
- Date of First Transmission
- Channel first broadcast on:
- Production Company
- Average viewing figures
- Peak viewing figures
- Budget per episode – The judges request that budgets are provided and may choose to mark down entries that do not provide that information – please write Not Disclosed if do not wish to provide this information.
- How it met audience/broadcaster/commercial requirements (300 words)
- Details of technology used and how it was employed (300 words)
- Details of innovation – how has coverage developed (300 words)
- Details of any live coverage challenges (300 words)
- Is this entry based on a global feed (300 words)