Uploading Supporting Videos
Broadcast Awards Entry aims to provide the best possible viewing experience for your content. In order to achieve this, we request that you provide a high quality version of your video. Our preferred video specification, along with alternative specifications we are able to accept, is shown below:
- File format Preferred format: .mp4 / .mov. Supported alternatives: .wmv, .avi, .dv, .vob, .m2ts, .m4v, .mkv
- Video codec H.264 (AVC
- Audio codec Stereo, 48Khz audio is preferred, in formats: AAC (256k or higher), Linear PCM, or Apple Lossless
- Bit rate 8–10 mbps
- File size File sizes up to 40 Gigabytes are supported. See the table below (page 4) to estimate upload time for a variety of file sizes and networks
- Frame rate Frames per second: 24, 25 or 30
- Note Please do not add letter-box or pillar-box to your video. All videos will display correctly.
Please use our preferred specification where possible, however if your original best quality video is in another format, we would prefer to receive it with a minimum of trans-coding to preserve quality. Broadcast will not be held responsible for any video quality problems.
Please note that it is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure video quality. Broadcast recommends that you check the video quality before the file is uploaded and watch once again when the upload and transcode is complete. If you are not happy with the video quality please recreate the file and, if the file has been uploaded, please email email@example.com
If you have any problems with your video upload that are not covered in this guide please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Upload Process
- Go to the Video Management page in the Broadcast Awards entry site.
- Click on Create video record to be taken to the Create video record page.
- Enter a unique video title in the Title field so that the video record can be identified later and click Save changes.
- You may also decide to prevent members from downloading your video file. Broadcast offers this option to members who have slow internet connects as it provides a better viewing experience than streaming. To prevent members downloading the file select No from the dropdown menu.
- You will return to the Video Management screen and the video record will appear in the table. The upload status will be listed as Not started. When you are ready to upload a video select Upload from the Actions menu.
- The video uploader will pop-up in a new window. Select the video file you wish to upload by either using the Choose file link or dragging the file to the highlighted area.
- Click on the Start upload button to commence the upload.
- You can view the upload progress on the Video Management screen. Please note this information is not live and you will need to refresh the page to update the information.
Estimated Upload Times
This table shows roughly how long a file will take to upload, based on its size and the available bandwidth. Please note that if your computer goes into ‘sleep’ mode during this time, the upload will pause.